Skip to main content

Fire Up! Forward Frequently Asked Questions

We understand that you may have questions about dual enrollment at Central Michigan University. Here are some common questions and answers to help you better understand the program.

At CMU, we offer traditional dual enrollment that allows high school students to take any class online, on campus, and in some cases, right in the school district. Tuition costs do not typically align with funding available for the course, and families sometimes make up that difference.

Fire Up! Forward is a growing list of courses designed for students to explore interests while earning transferrable college credit. These courses align with state funding resources and minimal tuition expenses are passed along to families.

Eligibility requirements vary by state and institution, but generally, high school students who meet certain academic criteria, such as a minimum GPA and standardized test scores, are eligible to participate in dual enrollment. Please check with your high school counselor or contact us for specific eligibility requirements.

Email Us

The number of courses you can take as a dual enrollment student may vary by institution and program. Some students may choose to take only one or two courses, while others may take a full course load. Make sure to consider your workload and ensure that you can balance your dual enrollment coursework with your high school coursework and other obligations.

Dual enrollment courses may transfer to other colleges and universities, but it is important to check with the institution you plan to attend to ensure that the courses you take will transfer and count towards your degree requirements. Transferability may depend on factors such as the institution's policies and the specific courses you take.

Fire Up! Forward courses are offered at minimal cost to families.

The cost of dual enrollment may vary by institution and program. Some institutions may offer dual enrollment courses at a reduced rate, while others may require students to pay full tuition and fees. Make sure to check with the Central Michigan University dual enrollment office for information on tuition and fees.

Contact Us

Dual enrollment students at Central Michigan University have access to a variety of resources, including academic advising, tutoring services, and access to campus facilities such as the library and computer labs. Fire Up! Forward/ Dual enrollment students may also be able to participate in campus events and activities.

Check out our academic calendars:

Online Academic Calendar

Main Campus Academic Calendar


You'll notice that Online academic calendar shows dates for courses offered in 8, 12, and 16-week formats.

Meet with your high school counselor to talk through eligibility, the course(s) you would like to take, and your school schedule. Your counselor will help you apply and we will reach out to schedule your course(s).


Fire Up! Forward Courses