On Campus Graduate Programs
How to apply
Step 1: Check the admission requirements
Most of our graduate programs require you to have the following:
- A bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- A minimum cumulative undergraduate GPA of 2.7.
Some programs have additional requirements, such as a higher GPA or prerequisite courses. Visit your program finder for details.
Step 2: Submit your application
Check the program finder for application deadlines.
All U.S. military veterans, active duty, National Guard and Reserve service members are eligible to have their application fee waived. You must provide one of the following to CMU with your application:
- DD-214 form verifying service.
- Service verification letter from your command indicating your current duty station.
- Active military ID if you are applying in person at a CMU satellite location.
- VA Certificate of Eligibility (CoE).
Step 3: Submit your transcripts
Ask each of the colleges you’ve attended to send your official transcripts directly to CMU.
Transcripts may be emailed by the school to firstname.lastname@example.org
or mailed directly to:
Central Michigan University
Attn: Transcripts Department
802 Industrial Drive
Mount Pleasant, MI 48858
Step 4: Submit additional materials
Some programs require standardized test scores, a statement of purpose, letters of recommendation, a writing sample or other supplementary information.
Official test scores usually are sent directly to CMU by the testing organization.
Supplementary information is often something you attach to your online appllication.
Cost and financial aid
We’re committed to helping you afford a great education.