Skip to main content

On Campus Graduate Programs

How to apply

Most of our graduate programs require you to have the following:

- A bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- A minimum cumulative undergraduate GPA of 2.7.

Some programs have additional requirements, such as a higher GPA or prerequisite courses. Visit your program finder for details.

Explore Program Finder

Check the program finder for application deadlines.

All U.S. military veterans, active duty, National Guard and Reserve service members are eligible to have their application fee waived. You must provide one of the following to CMU with your application:

- DD-214 form verifying service.
- Service verification letter from your command indicating your current duty station.
- Active military ID if you are applying in person at a CMU satellite location.
- VA Certificate of Eligibility (CoE).

Apply online

Ask each of the colleges you’ve attended to send your official transcripts directly to CMU.

Transcripts may be emailed by the school to

or mailed directly to:

Central Michigan University
Attn: Transcripts Department
802 Industrial Drive
Mount Pleasant, MI 48858

Some programs require standardized test scores, a statement of purpose, letters of recommendation, a writing sample or other supplementary information.

Official test scores usually are sent directly to CMU by the testing organization.

Supplementary information is often something you attach to your online appllication.

Cost and financial aid

We’re committed to helping you afford a great education.

Exception occured while executing the controller. Check error logs for details.