College of Medicine Admissions
Advance health care in Michigan
The CMU College of Medicine has a vital role in addressing an urgent physician shortage in Michigan and the United States. Physicians are needed for patients in both rural and urban environments. Please read our compelling mission and consider if the CMU College of Medicine is a good match for your personal and professional goals.
The Central Michigan University College of Medicine educates diverse students and trains culturally competent physicians to provide comprehensive health care and services to underserved populations in Michigan and beyond. Our faculty, staff and graduates advance health and wellness through exceptional education, innovative research, quality patient care and strategic collaborations to improve the health and well-being of individuals and communities.
We hope you'll join us in our mission as a student and future physician.
Complete the American Medical College Application Service (AMCAS) application
- May: AMCAS application open and available.
- June: AMCAS applications may be submitted.
- November 1: Deadline for AMCAS application.
Complete the secondary application
- July-November: Select applicants are invited to submit secondary application materials.
- December 3: Deadline to submit secondary application and fee.
- September-March: Select applicants are invited for interviews.
- October-April: Offers of admission are made on a rolling basis.
- February 19: "Plan to Enroll" option for accepted students.
- April-July: Applicants on the waitlist are admitted as space becomes available.
- April 15: Accepted applicants asked to narrow acceptance offers to three medical schools.
- April 30: "Plan to Enroll" becomes available - students may hold only one acceptance per AAMC guidelines.
- July 1: "Commit to Enroll" is required to be selected by matriculating students to the Central Michigan University College of Medicine. Failure to do so will result in rescinding of the admissions offer.
- September: Last opportunity to take and submit an MCAT score.
- October: Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) opens on October 1.
- January: Submit FAFSA.
- Early August: Classes begin.