Sault Ste. Marie: Constructing the Locks
Construction and Renovation Photographs of St. Marys Falls Canal and Locks
During the spring of 2016, staff from the Clarke Historical Library worked in conjunction with the US Army Corps of Engineers to scan and digitally preserve 1,731 historic images of the construction of the Soo Locks dating from ca. 1885 to 1941.
The original glass plate negatives were held by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers at the Soo Area Office from their creation until July 2016. The negatives can now be found at the Still Pictures Unit of the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) in College Park, Maryland.