Important Financial Aid updates

The 2024 enrollment deposit refund date will move from May 1, 2024, to June 1, 2024. View more critical information about financial aid updates:

2024 Financial Aid Updates

Skip to main content

Admitted Transfer Students

You've been admitted, congratulations! Here are your next steps to becoming a CMU Chippewa.

    Paying your enrollment deposit lets us know you’re coming so we can save your spot in the incoming class.

    Log in to your student portal using the same username and password you created for your application. Once you log in, you’ll see your admission letter and have access to some of your next steps, including submitting your enrollment deposit.

    Submit my deposit

    Before you can apply for housing, you’ll need to set up your CMU account which includes your new email. Use your “New CMU Account PIN” found at the bottom of your congratulations letter to get started.

    You’ll need this account to log in and apply for housing. We’ll also be sending information about orientation and housing to your email, so we recommend setting it up as soon as you submit your deposit. You’ll need it for almost everything, including:

    • Receiving your student ID card.
    • Creating your student email account.
    • Viewing and accepting your financial aid package.
    • Registering for classes.
    • Applying for housing.


    Set up my account

    After we've processed your enrollment deposit, you can sign up for New Student Orientation. Spots are first come, first served so it's best to do this as soon as possible.

    We'll send you additional instructions in January if you're beginning classes in the fall, or in November if you're beginning classes in the spring semester.

    At orientation, you'll learn about life at CMU and most importantly, sign up for your classes in one-on-one sessions with your advisor.

    If you have questions, reach us at the Orientation Office at 989-774-6629.

    New Student Orientation for Transfers

    After your enrollment deposit is processed, we’ll email you our Residential Community Living Guide at your email address. This will help guide you through applying for housing, including selecting a meal plan, choosing your residence hall preferences and finding a roommate.

    While transfer students are not required to live on campus, undergraduate students who live on campus generally have higher grade point averages, happier college experiences, participate in more co-curricular experiences and are more likely to graduate on time.

    For more information, contact the Residence Life Office at 989-774-3111 or

    Start my housing app

    Other reminders

    A few last things to keep in mind as you prepare for your first day of class!

    Apply for financial aid

    The Free Application for Federal Student Aid is the only way to qualify for some of the $120 billion the U.S. Department of Education awards in federal grants, loans, and work study aid. CMU’s school code is 002243.

    Make plans to file the FAFSA and update it to include CMU. If you are transferring mid-year, you may need to notify your current school of your plans to transfer.

    For more information, please contact the Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid at 989-774-3674 (Toll-free 888-392-0007) or

    Complete my FAFSA

    Credit evaluation

    Once you have been admitted, your transcripts will be officially evaluated by CMU’s Undergraduate Academic Services Office. We'll send you an email to your new CMU account with a copy of your credit evaluation. Be sure to send us your final official transcript(s) before enrollment to have your last remaining credits evaluated for transfer.