County Seat: West Branch
Origin of Name: Chippewa Indian word meaning "chief"
Set Off: 1840 but abolished and incorporated into Iosco County in 1867. Set Off again in 1873
Population in 1990: 18,681
For many counties the number of items listed is quite long. Navigational buttons are located only at the end of the list. This list of material represents the library's holdings as of July 1997. Be sure to check with us for any additional items we may now have either by contacting the library or by pressing the " Centra-Libraries Catalog" link to the left.
Bray, Ann. History of the Telephone in Ogemaw County. CMU Term Paper, 1961.
Cotton, Phebe E. Phebe in Wonderland: An Account of Life as it was Growing Up in Lupton, Michigan, 1911-1929. n.p., 1983.
Craner, Janet. A History of ... Prescott, 1961. [West Branch, MI: West Branch Evening College, 1961].
Finn, Robert. Life and Death of a Bank 1890-1951. CMU Term Paper, 1970. (West Branch).
Hosbach, Ervadeen. Prescott Community in Pioneer History. [n.p., 1970's].
Ingleright, Faye. Social Survey of Sunnyside School, West Branch Twp, District No. 1. CMU Term Paper, n.d.
Mayhew, Ethel. History of Churchill Township, Ogemaw County. CMU Term Paper, n.d.
Ogemaw County Herald. January 6- December 29, 1938; October 29, 1953.
Phillips, Althea C. First Landowners of Ogemaw County, Michigan. Lansing, MI: Michigan Genealogical Council, 1980.
Pierce, Lottie. Standards of Living in Long Lake. CMU Term Paper, 1948.
Rose City News. January 10, June 5, 1952; November 12, 1953; January 7, 1954-March 21, 1963.
Rose City Review. May 26, 1905-August 2, 1934 (scattered).
Wakeley, Arthur J. History of the Michigan State Police in West Branch. CMU Term Paper, 1977.
West Branch Area: First One Hundred Years. West Branch, MI: West Branch Area Centennial Committee, 1975.
Whitney, Daisy. Social Survey of West Branch No. 5 or Fifield District. CMU Term Paper, 1944.
Williams, Jeanette. History of the Earliest Settlement in Churchill Township. CMU Term Paper, n.d.
Woughter, Louise. This I Remember. [n.p., 1960]. (Logan Township).