DigMich Newspaper Grant
Digital Michigan Newspaper Grant Program
Central Michigan University’s Clarke Historical Library is pleased to offer a grant award to improve access to a Michigan newspaper. Applications for 2024 will be accepted from January 09 - January 31, 2024.
The grant funds will be used for:
- Scanning and hosting online in the Clarke Historical Library’s Michigan Digital Newspapers Database of a previously microfilmed Michigan newspaper.
- Microfilming, scanning, and hosting online in the Clarke Historical Library’s Michigan Digital Newspapers Database of a straight run of a print Michigan newspaper.
- Completed online application form.
- Three letters of support for your project, emailed to ClarkeMicrofilm@cmich.edu. These letters should be from individuals, organizations, or other entities that can speak to the current, or potential, use of the nominated newspaper and the impact of online access to it for your users, community, and/or other stakeholders.
- All application materials must be received no later than January 31, 2024.
Please note: We have revised the award process for the Clarke grant program and it is no longer a contest. A committee made of Clarke Historical Library and Library of Michigan staff plus a CMU faculty member will review and select the winning applications.
If you would like more information about the grant program, please contact us at ClarkeMicrofilm@cmich.edu or call (989) 774-4420.