Brockett, L. P. Woman's Work in the Civil War: A Record of Heroism, Patriotism, and Patience. Bowie, MD: Heritage
Books, 1993. [reprint of 1867 ed] 2 vols.
Brown, Mary C. Women in Michigan State Government. Lansing, MI: House of Representatives, . 58 p.
Clifford, Mary L. Women Who Kept the Lights: An Illustrated History of Female Lighthouse Keepers. Williamsburg, VA: Cypress Communications, 1993. 183 p.
- Covered Wagon Women: Diaries and Letters from the Western Trails, 1840-1890. Glendale, CA: A. H. Clark Co., 1983-. 3 vols.
Crathern, Alice T. In Detroit Courage was the Fashion. The Contribution of Women to the Development of Detroit from 1701-1951. Detroit, MI: Wayne University Press, 1953. 249 p.
Dannett, Sylvia. Our Women of the Sixties. Washington, DC: U.S. Civil War Centennial Commission, 1963. 44 p.
The Eldon House Diaries: Five Women's Views of the 19th Century. Toronto: Champlain Society, 1994. 517 p.
Ellet, Elizabeth F. The Pioneer Women of the West. Philadelphia, PA: Porter & Coates, 1873. 434 p.
Fowler, William W. Woman on the American Frontier: A Valuable and Authentic History of the Heroism, Adventures, Privations, Captivities, Trials, and Noble Lives and Deaths of the "Pioneer Mother of the Republic." Hartford, CN: S.S. Scranton, 1880. 527 p.
Gauthier, Doris A. Alcona: The Women Pioneers. N.P. , 1986. 80 p.
Georgiady, Nicholas P. Michigan Women. Milwaukee, WI: Franklin, 1967. 32 p.
Hale, Sarah Josepha. Woman's Record: or, Sketches of all Distinguished Women from "the Beginning" till A.D. 1850. NY: Harper Brothers, 1853. 904 p.
Hall, Richard. Patriots in Disguise: Women Warriors of the Civil War. NY: Marlowe, 1994.224 p.
Harley, Rachel B. Michigan Women: Firsts and Founders. Lansing, MI: Michigan Women's Studies Association, 1992. 110 p.
Harley, Rachel B. Michigan Women: First and Founders, Volume II. Lansing, MI: Michigan Women's Studies Association. 1995. 182 p.
Harris, Fran. Focus - Michigan Women, 1701-1977. Michigan Coordinating Committee of the National Commission on the Observance of Women's Year, . 119 p.
Hine, Darlene C. Black Women in the Middle West: The Michigan Experience. Ann Arbor, MI: Historical Society of Michigan, 1990. 31 p.
Historic Women of Michigan: A Sesquicentennial Celebration. Lansing, MI: Michigan Women=s Studies Association, 1987. 257 p.
Hurn, Ethel. Wisconsin Women in the War Between the States. Madison, WI: Wisconsin Historical Commission, 1911. 190 p.
Jolly, Ellen R. Nuns of the Battlefield. [Providence, RI: Providence Visitor Press, 1927] 336 p.
- Nuns who worked caring for the wounded in the Civil War.
Keuter, Aubert. Fifty Golden Years: [Sisters at Harbor Springs]. N.P., Harbor Springs, MI:,. 19 p.
King, William C. Woman: Her Position, Influence, and Achievement Throughout the Civilized World. Springfield, MA: King-Richardson, 1901. 665 p.
Michigan. Civil War Centennial Observance Commission. Michigan Women in the Civil War. Lansing, MI: The Commission, . 144 p.
Northwood Institute. Distinguished Women of Northwood Institute. [Midland, MI: Northwood Institute], 1970. 39 p.
Starling, Elizabeth. Noble Deeds of Woman; or, Examples of Female Courage and Virtue. Boston, MA: Phillips, Sampson & Co., 1850. 470 p.
Vieth, Jane K. Women of Courage: An Oral History of Michigan State University Women. Union Lake, MI: Michigan Oral History Council, 1985. 11 p.
Weddon, Willah. First Ladies of Michigan. Grand Rapids, MI: The Printers, 1977. 86 p.
Weddon, Willah. Michigan Press Women: Today and Yesterday. Stockbridge, MI: Weddon Press, 1996. 169 p.
Willard, Frances E. A Woman of the Century: Fourteen Hundred Seventy Biographical Sketches Accompanied by Portraits of Leading American Women in all Walks of Life. Buffalo, NY: Moulton, 1893. 812 p.
Woman's Century Calendar. Edited by Carrie Chapman Catt. NY: National American Woman Suffrage Association, . 81 p.
Women in the Library Profession: Leadership Roles and Contributions. Ann Arbor, MI: University of Michigan, 1971. 27 p.
Women Lawyers and the Origins of Professional Life in America: The Letters of the Equity Club, 1887 to 1890. Ann Arbor, MI: University of Michigan Press, 1993. 290 p.
Women of Bay County, 1809-1980. Bay City, MI: Museum of the Great Lakes, 1980. 68 p.
Women's Diaries of the Westward Journey. Collected by Lillian Schlissel. NY: Schocken Books, 1982. 262 p.
Groups and Clubs
AMERICAN WOMAN'S EDUCATIONAL ASSOCIATION.
Annual Report. 3rd edition. NY: J.D. Bedford, 1955.
ASSOCIATION FOR THE ADVANCEMENT OF WOMEN.
Souvenir. Nineteenth Annual Congress...invited and entertained by the Ladies= Literarture Club...October 14, 15, 16, 1891, Grand Rapids, Michigan. 48 p.
CAMP FIRE GIRLS.
Rogers, Ethel. Sebago-Wohelo Camp Fire Girls. Battle Creek, MI: Good Health Pub. Co., 1915. 249 p.
CHRISTIAN WOMAN'S BOARD OF MISSIONS. MICHIGAN.
Year book, 1902, 1907.
CIVIC IMPROVEMENT LEAGUE.
Wilcox, Ella. What One Civic League has done. Alma, MI:, 1926. 23 p.
COLONIAL DAMES OF AMERICA.
Lamar, Mrs. Clarinda H. A History of the National Society of the Colonial Dames of America, from 1891 to 1933. Atlantic, GA: W.W. Brown, 1934. 272 p.
DAUGHTERS OF REBEKAH.
- Gold Leaf Lodge no. 208, Farwell, Michigan. Constitution, By-Laws and Rules of Order. 1905. 48 p.
- Proceedings of the Session of the Michigan Rebekah Conventions and Assemblies held at Adrian, Michigan, 1927.
- Report of Officers of the Rebekah Assembly, I.O.O.F. of Michigan. Forty-sixth Annual Session of Conventions and Assemblies, Battle Creek, October 20,21,22,23, 1930. 132 p.
DAUGHTERS OF THE AMERICAN COLONISTS.
- Lineage Book. Have: Volumes 1-9 (1925-1951)
- Yearbook. Have: 1945-1951, 1954, 1955, 1957.
- Northwest Frontier Chapter. Yearbooks. Have: 1948-1958.
- Le Plaisance Bay Chapter. Yearbooks. Have: 1954-1961.
DAUGHTERS OF THE AMERICAN REVOLUTION.
- Daughters of the American Revolution Magazine. Have: 1936-1937; and scattered issues from 1954 through 1990.
- Early History. Daughters of the American Revolution. Washington, DC: DAR, 1908. 24 p.
- In Washington; The National Society Daughters of the American Revolution. Washington, DC:, 1965. 118 p.
- Washington Landmark: A View of the DAR, the Headquarters, History, and Activities. Washington, DC: DAR, 1976.
- Algonquin Chapter. Directory of Algonquin Chapter, DAR. St. Joseph, MI: The Chapter, 1994. 129 p.
- Historical Record of the Michigan Daughters of the American Revolution, 1893-1930. 2 volumes.
- History of the California State Society, Daughters of the American Revolution, 1938-1960. Los Angeles, CA: DAR State History Committee, 1968. 599 p
- History of the Kentucky Society, Daughters of the American Revolution. Frankfort, KY: Hulette Printing Co., 1966. 108 p.
- Proceedings of the Daughters of the American Revolution Continental Congress. Washington, DC: The Congress. Have: 1938, 1939, 1942, and 1943.
- Proceedings of the Michigan Daughters of the American Revolution State Conference. Have: 1939, 1955-1964, 1973-1987.
- Yearbook of the Michigan Daughters of the American Revolution. Have: 1933, 1934, 1935, 1938.
DAUGHTERS OF FOUNDERS AND PATRIOTS OF AMERICA.
Lineage Book of the National Society of Daughters of Founders and Patriots of America. Have: 1910; 1924.
DAUGHTERS OF UNION VETERANS OF THE CIVIL WAR.
Journal of the National Convention. Have: 1936.
- De Molay Foundation of Michigan. Directory, 1972.
- Order of De Molay. Grand Council. Ritual Degrees and Ceremonies of the Order of DeMolay. 1945.
EQUAL SUFFRAGE ASSOCIATION.
- The Michigan Suffragist. Have: February 1914-May 1917.
- Report of the Michigan Annual Convention. Jackson, MI: November 5,6,7, 1913.
FEDERATION OF WOMEN'S CLUBS.
- Detroit Federation of Women's Clubs. Annual Directory. 1923.
- Flint Federation of Women's Clubs. The Flint Federation of Women's Clubs presents "womanhood" a Pageant...November 15 and 16, 1928.
- Michigan State Federation of Women's Clubs. Manual. 1908-1909.
- Michigan State Federation of Women's Clubs. A History of the Michigan State Federation of Women's Clubs, 1895-1953 by Blanche B. Maw. Ann Arbor, MI: Ann Arbor Press, 1953. 212 p.
- Michigan State Federation of Women's Clubs. History Supplement, 1953-1966. 67 p.
INTERNATIONAL COUNCIL OF WOMEN.
Report of the Transactions during the third quinquennial term terminating with the third quiquennial meeting held in Berlin June 1904. Boston, MA: 1909. 2 vols.
KU KLUX KLAN.
- Blee, Kathleen. Women of the Klan: Racism and Gender in the 1920's. Berkeley, CA: University of California Press, 1991. 228 p.
- Wolverine Woman. Have: 1928, 1929, 1930, 1931. (Scattered issues)
LADIES' LIBRARY ASSOCIATIONS.
- Avon Ladies' Library Association, Rochester, Michigan. Catalogue of the Books of the Avon Ladies' Library Association. Rochester, MI: Era Print. Have: 1887;1892.
- Kalamazoo Ladies' Library Association. Catalogue of Books Belonging to the Ladies' Library Association. Kalamazoo, MI: C.M.W. Earle, 1856. 14 p.
- Potts, Grace J. Women with a Vision. Kalamazoo, MI: Ladies' Library Association, 1979. 101 p.
- Ladies' Library and Literary Association, Owosso, Michigan. Articles of Association, By-Laws, and Catalogue of Books of the Ladies' Library Association of Owosso City. Owosso, MI: J.H. Champion, 1870. 25 p.
- Ladies' Library Association, Stanton, Michigan. Catalogue of Books of the Ladies' Library Association...May 1, 1903. Stanton, MI: Herald Printing House, 1903. 33 p.
LADIES' LITERARY CLUB.
- Ladies' Literary Club of Grand Rapids, Michigan. Announcement. Have: 1905-06; 1923-24.
- Rowland, Frances L. Our Presidents: A Dream of Fair Ladies: Ladies Literary Club, 1873-1903. Grand Rapids, MI: 1903. 79 p.
- Stinchcomb, Hogue. History of the Ladies' Literary Club of Grand Rapids, Michigan. Grand Rapids, MI: Clandoin Printery, 1910. 299 p.
LADIES' LITERARY SOCIETY.
The Atheneum: Ladies' Literary Society in Lexington, Michigan. Programs. Have: 1888; 1898; 1909-10; 1938-39.
LADIES' SOCIETY FOR EVANGELIZING THE WEST.
The First Annual Report of the Boston Ladies' Society for Evangelizing the West. Boston, MA: American Tract Society, 1943. 15 p.
NATIONAL AMERICAN WOMAN SUFFRAGE ASSOCIATION.
- Organizing to win by the Political District Plan. NY: The Association, . 31 p.
- Woman Suffrage and the Liquor Interests: Some Exhibits. NY: The Association, 1913. 15 p.
ORDER OF THE AMARANTH.
- Be a Ready Hostess. Saginaw, MI: 1950. 63 p.
- Directory and Household Helps. Saginaw, MI: 1949. 60 p.
ORDER OF THE EASTERN STAR.
- Grand Chapter of Michigan. Annual Session. Have: 1917, 1946.
- Grand Chapter of Michigan. Centennial Book, 1867-1967. Charlotte, MI: McGrath-DeFoe, 1967. 233 p.
- Phillips, Robert. A Little Light on the Heroines of the Order of the Eastern Star. Coldwater, MI: Robert Phillips, 1910. 60 p.
- Saginaw, Michigan. Salina Chapter no. 439. Directory and Household Helps. 1947-48.72 p.
- Callan, Louise. The Society of the Sacred Heart in North America. NY: Longmans, Green, 1937. 809 p.
- Mary Barbara, Sister. A Covenant with Stones: Historical Reminiscences of the 50th Anniversary of the Foundation of the Congregation of the Sisters of Saint Joseph in Michigan. Nazareth, MI: Sisters of Saint Joseph, 1939.132 p.
- A Retrospect, Three Score Years and Ten, Sisters, Servants of the Immaculate Heart of Mary. NY: Benziger Brothers, 1916. 190 p.
- Rosalita, Sister. No Greater Service: The History of the Congregation of the Sisters, Servants of the Immaculate Heart of Mary, Monroe, Michigan, 1845-1945. Detroit, MI: 1948. 863 p.
- Schwind, Mona. Period Pieces: An Account of the Grand Rapids Dominicans, 1853-1966. Grand Rapids, MI: Sisters of St. Dominic, 1991. 305 p.
- Ziolkowski, Mary J. The Felician Sisters of Livonia, Michigan: First Province in America. Detroit, MI: Harlo Press, 1984. 586 p.
SOCIETY OF WOMEN PAINTERS AND SCULPTORS.
Moore, Julia Gatlin. History of the Detroit Society of Women Painters and Sculptors, 1903-1953. Detroit, MI: 1953. 96 p.
Plumb, Mildred. History of Tau Beta. Detroit, MI: Privately Printed by Evans-Winter-Hebb, 1938. 181 p.
SOCIETA ITALIANA DI BENEFICENZA.
Statuto Fondamentale della Societa Italiana di Beneficenza. Iron River, MI: The Society, . 32 p.
UNITED STATES SANITARY COMMISSION.
- Greenbie, Marjorie L. Lincoln's Daughters of Mercy. NY: G.P. Putnam's Sons, 1944. 211 p.
- Henshaw, Sarah E. Our Branch and its Tributaries: Being a History of the Work of the Northwestern Sanitary Commission. Chicago, IL: Sewell, 1968. 432 p.
- Lansing, Michigan Woman's Club. Annual Announcement. Have: 1892-1906; 1912.
- Mackinaw Woman's Club. Program of Activities and List of Officers, Standing Committees, and Members of the Club. Have: 1942-1949.
- Montague, J.A. A History, Traverse City Woman's Club, 1891-1932. 24 p.
- Saginaw Woman's Club. Articles of Association: Constitution and By-Laws. Revised to April 1937. 13 p.
- Saginaw Woman's Club. Yearbook. Have: 1920-1922; 1937-1940.
WOMAN'S CHRISTIAN TEMPERANCE UNION.
- Handbook of the National Woman's Christian Temperance Union. Evanston, IL: National W.C.T.U. Publishing House, 1936.
- Michigan Woman's Christian Temperance Union. Annual Convention. Have: 1889-1953.
WOMAN'S HISTORICAL CLUB.
- Lansing, Michigan Woman's Historical Club. Yearbooks. Have: 1897-1912.
- Lansing, Michigan Woman's Historical Club. Programs. Have: 1895-1931.
- Lansing Michigan Woman's Historical Club. Constitution. 1906.
- Lansing Michigan Woman's Historical Club. Anniversary Banquets. Have: 1897-1915.
WOMAN'S PEACE PARTY.
Degen, Marie Louise. The History of the Woman's Peace Party. NY: B. Franklin Reprints, 1974. [Reprint of 1939 edition]. 301 p.
WOMAN'S PRESS ASSOCIATION.
- Leaves from our Lives. Columbian Souvenir. Grand Rapids, MI: Dean Printing, 1894.63 p.
- Manual of the Michigan Woman's Press Association, Organized in Traverse City, July 22, 1890. Have: 1904.
WOMAN'S PROGRESSIVE CLUB.
Woman's Progressive Club, Ovid, Michigan. Yearbook. Have: 1900-1901.
WOMAN'S RELIEF CORPS.
- Constitution, Rules and Regulations for the Government of the National Woman's Relief Corps Auxiliary to the Grand Army of the Republic. Have: 1914, 1923, 1941, 1945.
- Journal of the Convention of the National Woman's Relief Corps, Auxiliary to the Grand Army of the Republic. Have: 1888: 1901-1927.
- Ritual of the Woman's Relief Corps, Auxiliary to the Grand Army of the Republic. Have: 1921, 1944.
- Services of the Woman's Relief Corps, Auxiliary to the Grand Army of the Republic. Have: 1916, 1921.
- Woman's Relief Corps, Department of Michigan. Journal of the Convention of the Woman's Relief Corps. Have: 1884; 1901-02; 1904-1913; 1919; 1921-1925; 1928-1929; 1944.
- Woman's Relief Corps, Department of Michigan. Roster. Have: 1903; 1908; 1921.
WOMAN'S TEMPERANCE CRUSADE.
Wittenmyer, Annie. History of the Woman's Temperance Crusade; A Complete Official History of the Wonderful Uprising of the Christian Women of the U.S. Against the Liquor Traffic, Which Culminated in the Gospel Temperance Movement. Philadelphia, PA: Office of the Christian Women, 1878. 794 p.
WOMEN'S CLUB HOUSE ASSOCIATION.
Women's Club House Association, Lansing, Michigan. Constitution and Laws. Lansing, MI: The Club, 1914. 7 p.
WOMEN'S INTERNATIONAL LEAGUE FOR PEACE AND FREEDOM.
Detzer, Dorothy. Appointment on the Hill. NY: H. Holt, 1948. 262 p.
YOUNG WOMEN'S CHRISTIAN ASSOCIATION.
Proceedings of the Michigan Annual Convention of the Young Women's Christian Association. Have: 1886-1894; 1900-1903.
Compiled by Evelyn Leasher