|Environmental Day 2012 NAISEC Youth Camp 2012 Angel Tree 2012
The Native American Programs (NAP) office is responsible for various activities all related to the Native American community and culture. Activities include: organizing cultural events for the CMU community, maintaining a Native American resource collection, recruiting Native American students, serving as a liaison with tribal communities, and providing support services for any CMU student, but particularly CMU Native Americans students. Annual cultural events open to the public include Native American Heritage month in November and the annual CMU Pow wow in the spring! This office exists in part because of the long standing relationship that CMU has with the Saginaw Chippewa Indian Tribe. The Saginaw Chippewa Indian Tribe is an active sponsor of CMU athletics, various CMU scholarships, and many cultural related activities.
View The Saginaw Chippewa Indian Tribe and Central Michigan University Resolution here.
- An Annual Pow wow
- Native American Heritage Month Celebration
- Film Series and Speakers
- North American Indigenous Summer Enrichment Camp (NAISEC);
- The North American Indigenous Student Organization (NAISO)
- The Three Fires American Indian Science and Engineering Society (AISES)
- Workshops and trainings specializing in Native American cultures and issues