Apply for Housing
Find answers to common housing application questions.
How do I apply for undergraduate student housing?
After being admitted and paying or deferring your enrollment reservation deposit, you'll be sent an email to your CMICH account containing our Residential Community Living Guide. Page four of the living guide provides the link to the housing application.
The housing application is an online process where you select meal plan, find roommates and choose housing preferences. You will need your CMU global ID and password to access the secure application system. For assistance, contact CMU Help Desk at 989-774-3662.
You will receive an email in May to your CMICH email containing detailed information about the housing selection dates and process.
When is my first housing payment due?
Your first housing payment of $350 is due May 1. If you apply for housing after this date, you must submit your payment when you apply.
Please make your check payable to Central Michigan University and include your name and student number on the check, as well as a note that it is for your first room and board payment.
To request to postpone/defer the first housing payment, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your name and student ID number.
What is the priority for housing applications?
- Returning residence hall students
- First-year students
- Transfer and other students
How do I apply for graduate student housing?
To access the Graduate Housing application information, please log into the Residence Life Apartment Application portal.
Important basic information
- Undergraduate residents are expected to maintain at least 12 credit hours per semester.
- Graduate residents are expected to maintain at least 6 credit hours per semester.
- Each room/apartment is occupied by all men or women.
- Each residence hall floor is coed.
Reduced Occupancy Rooms - Residence Halls
If space is available, reduced occupancy may be an option at an additional charge. The rates are:
• 3 persons in a 4-person suite = one and one/quarter times the base room rate.
• 1 person in a 2-bedroom suite = one and one/half times the base room rate.
• 2 persons in a 4-person suite = one and one/half times the base room rate.
Single Rooms - Residence Halls
A very limited number of rooms have been designated for single occupancy. These rooms are contracted at the single room rate of one and one-half times the regular room rate.
For specific details about the cancellation policy, cancellation fees, and cancellation of the housing contract, please go to the Office of Residence Life Housing Contract.