Retirement Investment Advisory Committee
"Our objective is to ensure the retirement savings program provided by the university helps participants build and maintain a financially secure retirement"
Established in 2014, the CMU Retirement Investment Committee is an advisory committee that reviews investment issues specific to the 403(b) basic retirement plan and tax-deferred 403(b) and 457(b) retirement plans offered by CMU, is supported by CMU Human Resources, and makes recommendations to the Vice President of Finance and Administrative Services (FAS). The committee's recommendations are non-binding, and the committee has no authority to make any changes on its own. The Vice President of FAS decides to accept or decline the committee's recommendations and is the Named Fiduciary to the CMU retirement plans.
The university also engages an external retirement plan investment advisor, OneDigital, to work with the committee.
The following individuals serve on the committee
- Dr. Ray Christie, Sr. Vice Provost - Academic Administration
- Dr. James Felton, Faculty - Finance and Law
- Lori Hella, Associate Vice President - Human Resources (Committee Chair)
- Mary Hill, Vice President - Finance and Administrative Services
- Mary Lou Morey, Director - Benefits and Wellness