Working at Central Michigan University means joining a family of faculty, staff and students who embrace lifelong learning, success for all students, and education, research, creative endeavors and volunteerism that contribute to the greater good of society.
We employ about 2,200 full-time faculty and staff, about 300 temporary employees and about 2,000 students every year.
We are an AA/EO institution, that strongly and actively strives to increase diversity and provide equal opportunity within its community. CMU does not discriminate against persons based on age, color, disability, ethnicity, familial status, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, height, marital status, national origin, political persuasion, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, race, religion, sex, sex-based stereotypes, sexual orientation, transgender status, veteran status, or weight. View more at the Office of Civil Rights & Institutional Equity.
Location and Contact Information
Benefits & Wellness is located in 109 Rowe Hall
Employee Relations is located in 118 Rowe Hall
Employment Services is located in 109 Rowe Hall
SAP/HR and HR Technology is located in 114 Rowe Hall
Student Employment Services is located in Bovee University Center 121
All offices are opened M-F, 8a-5p
- Integrity:A steadfast adherence to the principles of honesty, trustworthiness, reliability, transparency, and accountability.
- Respect:Consideration of the rights, opinions, and ideas of others in a civil, fair, and thoughtful manner.
- Compassion:Empathy, concern and support for the needs and challenges of others.
- Inclusiveness:Conducting the activities of the university in a way that embraces shared governance, inspires tolerance, and welcomes diversity into our community.
- Social Responsibility:Fostering citizenship to promote the public good, environmental sustainability, global understanding, and informed political engagement.
- Excellence:Expectation that all activities are conducted with attention to quality and the highest levels of academic and professional standards.
- Innovation:Supporting progressive and meaningful research, creative activity, and teaching, Addressing challenges and issues from multiple perspectives to solve problems and advance knowledge.
At CMU, our strong sense of community drives a collaborative culture of excellence and leadership that makes us a top-choice place to learn and work. CMU is a place where we value students and work for their success; where we act as a family; and where employees are engaged, appreciated, and have extraordinary opportunities to make a difference.
Faculty and staff here live and work by six leadership standards geared towards improving the student experience and delivering on the mission of CMU.
The Mount Pleasant Community
Nestled in the heart of Michigan, Central is located in scenic Mount Pleasant, MI. Downtown is host to restaurants, big-box stores, boutique shops, entertainment, nightlife, public parks and much more. No matter who you are or what you like to do, Mount Pleasant has something for everyone.