Student and professional organizations
The following organizations and resources can provide opportunities to prepare for your future profession while becoming better acquainted with other students, faculty, and working professionals. If you would like to learn more by speaking to a faculty member about your area of interest, contact the department office at 989-774-3025.
- NATIONAL COUNCIL ON EDUCATION IN THE CERAMIC ARTS
- MICHIGAN CERAMIC ARTS ASSOCIATION
- AMERICAN INSTITUTE OF GRAPHIC DESIGN
- SOCIETY FOR PHOTOGRAPHIC EDUCATION (SPE)
- AMERICAN SOCIETY OF MEDIA PHOTOGRAPHERS (ASMP)
- CMU PHOTO CLUB
- CERAMIC SOCIETY
- STUDENT DESIGN CLUB
For a comprehensive list of available scholarships within our Department, click the link below.
Study in Italy
Your learning isn't limited to the studio, though. Learn about juried exhibitions or showcase your work at the University Art Gallery, or travel to Florence, Italy to create artwork in a true Renaissance city.
Email Department Chair, Brian Elder, to learn more about this annual opportunity.