Department of Journalism Advisory Board
The goal of the advisory board is to develop and implement a strategy that mobilizes alumni and professionals to support departmental objectives, including promoting achievements and interests, by involving them in:
- Refining proposals and participating in related fundraising activities.
- Creating an interactive web page on the department site for alumni communication.
- Planning and implementing the annual Distinguished Alumnus Award.
- Visiting classes, participating in events, and conducting high school and community college recruiting.
- Mentoring students by maintaining personal contact, encouraging, showing, interviewing, and making campus visits leading to internship and other employment opportunities.
- Helping with a professionals-in-residence program, drawing individuals from print media, converged media, public relations and advertising, to teach, work with students, speak with interested groups and, if desired, take CMU courses.
- Advising the department’s faculty on state-of-the-art professional practice for continuous improvement of the curriculum.