Signing A Dietetic Major
Dietetics is a professional program and acceptance into an accredited dietetic internship is competitive. No college or university can guarantee that a student completing its dietetics program will be accepted into a dietetic internship. Therefore, fifty signed dietetic majors per academic year will be admitted through monitored enrollment. Admission requirements, retention, and termination standards can be accessed either in the current dietetics handbook or undergraduate bulletin.
- You must have a minimum of 3.0 overall GPA in order to sign the dietetics major and enter the pre-professional phase.
- Transfer students are encouraged to contact their advisor a full semester before planning to attend CMU. The advisor must have official transcripts from all college/universities attended before graduation.
- If you intend to major in dietetics, the earlier you contact an advisor and plan your program, the easier it will be for you to complete the major. This is especially true for students planning to transfer to CMU from other colleges and universities. Students will sign under the most current bulletin year, even if a different bulletin is being followed for degree requirements, and are assigned faculty advisors for signing the dietetics major based on the student's last name.
- Download and review the current dietetics handbook for information regarding careers in dietetics, required courses, and the dietetic internship application.
- All signed majors are encouraged to be a student member of the Academy of Nutrition & Dietetics and CMU's Student Dietetic Association.
- After signing a dietetics major, students will gain access to all required documentation on the CMU Dietetics Program Blackboard shell.
- Find your dietetics advisor.