How to Apply 

Cost and financial aid

We're committed to helping you afford a great education.

CMU Online classes start several times throughout the year. Choose the term you wish to start your classes and where you want to take them (online or at one of our satellite centers) when you fill out your online application.

Apply Online

All U.S. military veterans, active duty, National Guard and Reserve service members are eligible to have their application fee waived. You must provide one of the following to CMU with your application:

- DD-214 form verifying service.
- Service verification letter from your command indicating your current duty station.
- VA Certificate of Eligibility (CoE).
- Active military ID if you are applying in person at a CMU satellite location.

Ask each of the institutions where you’ve done undergraduate or graduate coursework to send your official transcripts directly to CMU.

Your schools may send your transcripts by email to or mail them to:

Central Michigan University

Attn: Transcript Department

802 Industrial Drive

Mount Pleasant, MI 48858

Some programs require additional materials with your application. Be sure to check your academic program to see whether your program has additional admissions requirements.

Program Finder

Explore Financial Aid Options