District Designed Professional Development
CMU wants to be your higher education partner!
Collaborating with CMU offers districts these benefits:
- University credit for educators and administrators seeking certificate renewal and step advancement
- Revenue return to the district
- Partnership with higher education
Your own local content experts as the instructor
Designing and submitting your course
Create your syllabus using the guidelines below.
Identify the Instructor of Record and collect credentials. Credentials needed include your resume, and a transcript showing a minimum of a Master degree.
At least six weeks prior to the start date of your course, complete and submit the Course Submittal Form. If you are seeking college conversion SCECHs, please submit eight weeks in advance
Submit your syllabus, Course Submittal Form, and instructor of record credentials electronically via e-mail. If you are not able to submit the information electronically you may also fax or send via U.S. Mail.
Approving the Course for Academic Credit
- Provide registration packets to educators who indicate they are interested in receiving graduate credit.
- Distribute the class roster provided with registration materials and ensure all educators who are interested in receiving graduate credit fill in their information.
- Inform educators that they must complete the steps to register for credit by the third class session.
By the third class session:
After Credit Registration forms are received:
CMU processes admissions and registrations. CMU will contact educators directly if there are any details to resolve regarding admission and registration.
Completing the Course:
- CMU sends the grade list to the Instructor of Record
- Instructor of Record documents grades issued and signs the grade list
- Instructor of Record faxes or e-mails a copy of the grade list to CMU within 5 business days.
- Instructor of Record returns the original of the grade list to CMU via US Mail.
- CMU processes and finalizes grades
- CMU processes payment to DDPD partner according to the financial arrangement with the partner