This information will guide you through the process of creating a course syllabus for your District Designed Professional Development program and filling out the form.
Syllabus course information
- Course Title – List the complete course title.
- Credit Hours – Consult FAQ to determine the number of credit hours.
- Course Designator – Consult FAQ to determine the course designator.
- stated in terms of participant behavior
- detailed to indicate the behaviors that participants will accomplish
- independent of the instructor, test, etc.
Create evaluation criteria by referencing the Guidelines to Create Course Evaluation Criteria. Keep in mind that the evaluation criteria should be connected to the course learning objectives and must be measurable and descriptive. Each evaluation component is assigned a percentage weight so the total evaluation process equals 100%.
Rubrics must be included in the syllabus for each evaluation criteria listed. Sample Rubrics
Syllabus preparation information
- Include a list of references used to prepare the course.
- List references consistent with the learning objectives.
- List current references (within the past three years).
- List in bibliographic style.