As an active member of the military or a veteran, you may qualify for special tuition rates and/or financial aid at CMU. Here are the criteria you need to meet to be eligible.
To learn more about your eligibility for federal military benefits, check the VA's website.
Eligibility for special tuition rates
Special tuition rates are available to active-duty military, reservist, and guard members and their spouses and qualified dependents as defined by the IRS.
You’ll need to verify your eligibility by showing in person at the CMU Veterans’ Resource Center, the Student Service Court in the University Center, or nearest CMU Education Center staff, the following:
- Your active/guard/reserve military or dependent ID card.
- Verification letter from the military member’s command reflecting current status and end of service date.
Eligibility for financial aid
Listed here are the general eligibility guidelines for receiving financial aid at CMU. You may need to meet additional requirements for specific scholarships, grants, loans and work-study programs.
Once you’ve reviewed the general requirements, we encourage you to submit your FAFSA and apply for scholarships. That’s the best way to find out exactly how much you qualify for.
- You must be a U.S. citizen or eligible noncitizen, sign all certification statements, and not be in default on a federal loan or owe a refund or repayment on any federal or state program.
- Your award is contingent on the accuracy of your Free Application for Federal Student Aid. If you are asked to supply additional documentation to support your application, you must do so.
- Federal loan amounts are based on your enrollment status and other factors.
- You must make satisfactory academic progress toward degree completion to remain eligible for financial aid.
Scholarships, grants and loans
Your financial aid offer may include a federal Pell grant, loans or veterans award.
Apply for financial aid
Applying is easy, and it’s free.