A Unique Opportunity
Central Michigan University's Off-Campus and Online is currently looking for
part-time adjunct faculty to join a pool of qualified instructors. This is “as
needed” employment perfect for retired faculty or any qualified instructor who
appreciates the unique environment created when teaching to adult students.
Adjunct positions are offered to candidates based not only on their academic and
teaching qualifications but also on their availability to teach evenings and
weekends and ability to travel to other locations.
Select a department
Choose a department below to view a list of courses for which we have the
greatest need for faculty. Opportunities posted below may be for future
Things to know before you apply:
- When qualified instructors are approved, assignments are based on class
location, instructor location and availability, as well as student enrollment.
- Successful candidates will teach adult students in classes offered on
alternating weekends (usually Friday evening and 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturday
every other week for eight weeks) or one night a week for eight weeks.
- Local candidates are preferred for teaching assignments; however, qualified
instructors from outside the local area may be considered.
- You may be asked to travel to multiple sites if approved.
- A generous stipend is paid for teaching the course plus reimbursement of
reasonable travel expenses.
- CMU does not sponsor candidates or reimburse them for moving
expenses for part-time adjunct assignments.
- All online courses require the instructor to have online teaching experience or be willing to successfully participate in the online training provided by CMU’s Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning.
- Acceptance letters will be sent to qualified candidates along with a copy of a Master Course Syllabus (MCS) for each course approved to teach. Please note - Approval to teach does not guarantee a teaching assignment.
To apply, CMU requires:
- The completion of the online application.
- CV/Resume attached to the online application
- Copies of transcripts with the degree and award date posted on the transcripts must be attached to application.
Experience working with non-traditional adult students is desired. More
information about teaching for CMU’s Off-Campus and Online may be found here.