Library Materials Policies
Last Updated: 02/2018
Campus ID card or guest card will be required for borrowing and renewing. To receive a guest card picture identification will be required.
- Multicultural Videos - 7 day loan period
- Media Collection Videos - Faculty/Staff 7 days - Students 3 days
- Browsing - 28 day loan period
- Course Reserves
- Documents on Demand Material
Circulating material may be recalled for someone else and the loan period may be reduced. Failure to return the material by the date given on the recall notice will automatically make it overdue and will be subject to overdue penalties and suspension of borrowing privileges.
Material must be returned to one of the following locations: return slots at the 2nd floor Library Services Desk, one of the exterior book drops at the Park Library, or mailed to Central Michigan University, Library Services Desk, Park Library 221, Mount Pleasant, MI 48859.
Material may be renewed at the Library Services Desk, by telephone 774-3114 or online from the CMU Libraries’ homepage – library.cmich.edu. Under 'Quick Links' on the homepage, click under Services, “Renew Library materials” and follow the prompts.
Overdue notifications will be sent by email to your cmich account only. Overdue notices are sent by the library as a courtesy. Failure to receive or read the messages does not excuse the overdue fines.
Overdue Library Material Policies
- Overdue notifications will be sent by email Overdue notifications are sent by the library as a courtesy. Failure to receive or read the messages does not excuse the overdue fines.
- After 14 days overdue there is a charge of $5.00 for each item. (For example, the charge of 5 overdue items is $25.00; overdue fines are non-refundable.) EXCEPTION: Multicultural Videos are charged at 2 days overdue. Media Collection and Course
Reserve fines are immediate at $5.00 per day per item.
- Material not returned or renewed within 21 days of due date will be assumed lost. The borrower will be charged the actual library purchase price. If the purchase price cannot be determined a $60.00 replacement charge will be assessed. If an item which was assumed lost is returned within 6 months, the replacement charge, but not the processing and late fees will be credited to the borrower's account.
Course Reserve Policies
A CMU ID or guest borrower card is required to borrow and renew course reserve material.
Course reserve materials are available on a first-come, first-served basis. You may not place a hold for later use.
- 3 Hours
- 3 Hours
Library use only.
- 1 Day, 3 Days, and 1 Week
Material may leave the library, all reserve material must be returned to the Library Services Desk to avoid late fees.
You may re-check out the material only if no one else is waiting for it. If the material is in high demand the material must be returned.
If you keep an item past its date due time, overdue charges will result. Overdue notifications will be emailed to your CMICH account only. Overdue notifications are sent by the library as a courtesy; failure to receive or read the messages does not excuse the overdue fines.
- 3 Hour Reserve:
$1.00 for the first hour, up to a maximum of $5
- 1 Day, 3 Days, and 1 Week Reserve:
Overdue and lost material charges may be paid at the Student Account Services and University Billing office located at the Bovee University Center.
When material is not returned and reaches the lost status, the borrower will be charged the actual library purchase price and a $15.00 non-refundable processing fee per item. If the purchase price cannot be determined a $60.00 replacement charge
will be assessed plus the $15.00 non-refundable processing fee. If a lost item is returned within one year, the replacement charge, but not the $20.00 processing and late fees will be credited to the borrower's account.
Please email any questions or concerns to email@example.com or call (989) 774-3828.
Last Updated: 5/30/18