Dietetic Internship Admissions
The Central Michigan University (CMU) Dietetic Internship (CMUDI) will be on hiatus until August 2024. Program applications will resume for the Fall 2024 match cycle.
The Central Michigan University Dietetic Internship (CMUDI) admits a total of 20 students to the program annually. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, handicap, or marital status. Admission requirements are as follows:
Admission and grade point average requirements
To be considered for admission, you must have:
- A baccalaureate degree from an ACEND-accredited undergraduate didactic program in dietetics (DPD) program.
- A DPD verification statement.
- A master's degree or be enrolled in a master's degree program that is near completion. A master's degree must be completed by the end of the internship.
- The minimum grade point averages (GPA) are shown below, however, a GPA above 3.0 (out of 4.0) is recommended for acceptance. Applicants who do not meet these criteria will not be considered for an internship appointment. No exceptions will be made.
|Cumulative undergraduate GPA
|Cumulative graduate GPA
Program completion requirement
Final admission of matched applicants to the CMUDI is contingent upon confirmation of graduation from an Academy of Nutrition & Dietetics-approved didactic program in dietetics and DPD verification statement and graduation from a master's degree program or be enrolled in a master's degree program that is near completion. Following admission, a satisfactory completion of a medical examination indicating the applicant's physical and mental capacity for performing duties associated with the internship is required.
Coursework in dietetics is required for individuals who completed their undergraduate degree greater than four (4) years ago. Coursework must be completed prior to applying to the dietetic internship and from an accredited ACEND didactic program in dietetics (DPD) or coordinated program (CP).
|Time between undergraduate DPD graduation and internship
|Updating not required
|6 semester or 9 quarter hours that must include medical nutrition therapy; if the medical nutrition therapy is offered in two or three-part series, all parts must be completed.
|greater than 8 years
|Meet current Academy of Nutrition & Dietetics academic requirements with no fewer than 12 semester hours or 16 quarter hours
*Enrollment in a nutrition and dietetics master's degree program within the last 4 years meets updating requirements.
Application procedures and checklists
- Internship application procedure
- Internship application checklist
- Graduate application (after internship acceptance) checklist
Important note for international students
CMUDI is unable to issue immigration documents for international students to complete our internship. Students on F1 visas are ineligible to complete our internship until they have been enrolled at CMU for two semesters. In addition, F1 students are required by law to enroll in a full-time course load (nine credits per semester). Our program is 12 credits but split between two semesters, five credits and seven credits, as it is a seven-month internship. In summary, due to the structure of our internship, international students are ineligible.