Volunteer at the Museum
Volunteers play an integral role in making the museum's activities a success, including educational programs, outreach, exhibits, and collections projects. Volunteers include both college students and community members comprised of a wide background of life experience, skills, and knowledge. We hope you will join our volunteer team and experience first-hand the fun of working in a museum!
As a volunteer, you will have the chance to:
- Assist with educational programs with audiences of all ages.
- Enhance public speaking skills.
- Learn a wide range of topics pertaining to cultural and natural history and the functions of a museum.
- Network with other students and community members.
- Have fun!
We sometimes offer additional opportunities for those who volunteer extensively, such as exhibit research and preparation, collections processing, and special museum projects. For general questions about volunteering please email the museum or call 989-774-3829.
How to apply
No previous museum experience is required to volunteer at the Museum of Cultural and Natural History. Volunteers must be at least 18 years of age, per CMU policy. Hard copies of forms are required (cannot be scanned/emailed/faxed).
After completing these two simple steps, watch your email for training information and other upcoming opportunities.
- Submit an online Volunteer Application Form.
- Attend a volunteer orientation session where you will complete a Criminal History Check Authorization Form as well as a Waiver of Liability and Release Form.