A Master of Public Administration is a versatile degree that will help you advance your career and prepare you for leadership roles in the public and nonprofit sector.
Why This Program & What You'll Learn
The CMU MPA Program is housed in the School of Politics, Society, Justice and Public Service within the College of Liberal Arts and Social Sciences.
As an MPA student you'll have the opportunity to:
- enhance your leadership skills.
- apply techniques to participate in, and contribute to, the policy process.
- leverage data and technological change for the public good.
- gain expertise in the nonprofit sector.
- develop your communication skills to interact in culturally responsive ways.
- gain internship experience, if needed. Previous MPA students have interned for U.S. Representative Moolenaar's D.C. Office, the Federal Bureau of Investigations, the City of Flint, Michigan, the Jimmy Carter Foundation, the Michigan Women's Commission, and the Isabella County Office of Emergency Management.
Careers & Outcomes
Your MPA prepares you to be a leader in a public-serving role or organization. You can go on to work in local government, as a city manager or program director. You can become an executive director of a nonprofit whose work you're passionate about — or maybe you'll start your own! You can also decide to pursue a Ph.D.
|Social and Community Service Manager||$74,000|
|Local Government Manager||