Skip to main content
News from the Center for Children, Families and Communities
- Parent Coaching Can Make Life Easier, Or More Stressful: The Choice is Yours. Fatherly. (2020, January).
- Mental health tips for parents, caregivers, and families during the COVID-19 pandemic PBS WCMU
- Strategies for parents and teens to maintain social contact during the COVID-19 pandemic Cleveland.com (2020, March 22).
- Ways to talk to your children about the Coronavirus MLive
- Tips on addressing screen addiction in children and how to helps parents address problematic media use NBC News and The Today Show (2020, January 31)
- Why Do Kids Whine, and What Can You Do About It? MetroParent (2019, December).
- Advice on promoting healthy screen time among children Vulture (2019, December 18)
- Tips on how to curb phone usage WDET (2019, December 13)
- Consumer Affairs Consumer groups are petitioning the Federal Trade Commission to investigate how large technology and media companies interact with children (2019, December 5)
- The rise of children's viewing of online videos The Columbian (2019, November 3)
- Watching videos online increasing in children The Epoch Times (2019, October 31)
- When to give adolescents smartphones Mashable (2019, October 30)
- Consequences from the increasing rate of children's exposure to YouTube videos Daily Mail (2019, October 29)
- Children's engagement with online videos WRDW (2019, October 29)
- The relation between excessive use of smartphones and academic performance among adolescents The Morning Sun (2019, September 30)
- The assessment of problematic media use Life Hacker (2019, August 9)
- Concerns surrounding videogame monetization Game Industry (2019, August 8)
- Assessment of, and tips for, problematic media use among children NPR (2019, June 30)
- Videogame addiction among children and adolescents NPR (2019, May 28)
- Tips for parents to monitor children's screentime engagement NPR (2019, May 28)
- The effects of toxic stress on children Central Michigan Life (2019, March 20)
- Rising rates of screentime among children Health Day (2019, February 2019)
- Tips for healthy social media use Thrive Global (2019, January 31)
- Parenting strategies for child screentime NPR (2019, January 15)
- Ways parents can manage screentime among teenagers Health Day (2018, December 28)
- How parents talk to their children about technology Futurity (2018, December 12)
- Challenges of monitoring children's online activity ABC 7 WXYZ Detroit (2018, December 11).
- How parents talk about mobile technology with their children Science Daily (2018, December 11).
- Limiting screen time among children and adolescents Lima Ohio News (2018, November 24)
- Challenges parents face with managing screen time among children Seattle Times (2018, November 22)
- How Parent-Child Interaction Therapy improves children's health The Morning Sun (2018, November 15)
- Evaluating and addressing adolescent video game addiction WBUR (2018, October 6)
- Technology-induced anxiety among adolescents Thrive Global (2018, September 7)
- How excessive media use is linked to depression and anxiety among adolescents NBC 25 News (2018, August 16)
- What families should know about screentime NPR Blog (2018, July 9)
- The negative consequences of excessive screen use Channel 5 News
- How U.S. technology companies are addressing screen addiction among children Business Standard
- Parents' misperceptions about screen time Simplemost (2017, December 12)
- Signs of screen media addiction among children Consumer Affairs (2017, December 5)
- Ways to detect screen addiction among children The New York Post (2017, December 4)
- Signs of screen time addiction among children Science Daily (2017, December 1)
- Digital addiction among children Psychology Today (2017, November 23)
- Children's media use and parental mediation of media WDIV Detroit (2016, December 5)
- CCFC-Community Partnerships to Attack Michigan Mental Health Crisis. Bridge Magazine, 242.
- Have a Kid Who's Out of Control? A New Therapy Offers a Kind of Parental Empowerment. Washington Post (December, 2013).