Why study anthropology at CMU?
Anthropology is the study of people through time and space. You’ll study archaeology, cultural anthropology, linguistic anthropology, biological anthropology and applied anthropology to prepare for a variety of careers in this dynamic field. You can major in Anthropology, to earn a bachelor’s degree, or pursue a minor in Anthropology.
Consider these key features about studying Anthropology at CMU:
- Fieldwork experiences and curriculum on societies throughout the world and research opportunities with experienced faculty.
- Study-abroad possibilities.
- Professional development through on-campus organizations such as The Anthropology Club.
- Faculty members who are active researchers, activists, consultants, community organizers, officers in professional organizations, and authors and editors of relevant publications.
- Small classes allowing for specific study and close interaction with instructors.
Explore Anthropology at CMU