Graduate Prior Learning Credit
Prior learning credit
Graduate students admitted to CMU in the Master of Science Administration programs are eligible to apply for prior learning credit. MSA students may use up to 12 hours of prior learning credit on their program, the maximum allowable prior learning credits and certification to credit is 12.
Master of Arts in Education students may use up to 6 hours of prior learning credit on their program. Your advisor may be able to help you identify the experiences that would be most applicable to your degree program if prior learning credit is awarded. Your advisor can advise you on the number of prior learning credits you can use in your degree plan.
Graduate students can include experiences from the completion date of their undergraduate degree or 7 years, whichever is most recent. Individuals have had different experiences, for differing lengths of time, all of which can affect the amount of credit received.
The number of credits actually awarded depends on a number of factors:
- the length and duration of the experiences submitted for consideration
- the quality of the student’s self-assessment of learning
- whether the learning is college-level (undergraduate)
- whether sufficient and appropriate documentation has been provided
- whether the portfolio is in the correct order and meets all requirements