RN-to-BSN Program Details
Online RN-to-BSN degree program
We're proud to offer an RN-to-BSN program to Registered Nurses. The program is designed for working nurses to complete their BSN in less than 12 months. The RN-to-BSN program is aligned with the American Association of Colleges of Nursing Essentials for Baccalaureate Professional Nursing Practice and the national Quality and Safety Education for Nurses' Competencies.
To earn the Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree, CMU students must satisfy both the nursing major curriculum and the CMU general education program requirements. The nursing degree requires 120 semester credit hours, up to 90 hours can be transferred to this program. Review the transfer guides and articulation agreements from the Community College or University you attended to see how your credits will transfer to CMU. Your advisor will help determine if you need to take any courses at CMU beyond the 30 credit hours of the nursing major.
RN-to-BSN program student learning outcomes
By the end of the BSN Completion Program, the graduate will:
- Integrate knowledge from the liberal arts, sciences, and nursing courses to provide culturally competent nursing care for diverse populations.
- Demonstrate nursing leadership principles to plan and implement patient safety and quality improvement initiatives within the context of a dynamic complex health care system and interprofessional care.
- Apply concepts of global health to plan appropriate culturally safe care and health promotion for vulnerable populations.
- Utilize best current evidence and systems thinking to improve nursing and health care practices for groups or populations.
- Incorporate concepts of interprofessional collaborations and communication, health policy, finance, and regulatory environments as leaders in nursing practice.
- Registered Nurse (RN) - An active, unencumbered RN license within your state of residence. Note: Applicants without a registered nurse license may apply to the program, receive provisional admission and take up to 12 credits while preparing for the NCLEX-RN examination. Contact the program director for additional information.
- A GPA of 2.5 or higher.
Students are admitted twice a year in the spring and fall semesters. You may apply to the program at any time during the last semester of your Associate's degree or diploma program or after completing your program. You must complete the online application and pay the application fee. You must also submit your official transcripts from previous colleges or universities via email or mail to:
Central Michigan University
Attn: Transcript Department
802 Industrial Drive
Mount Pleasant, MI 48858
Transfer guides and articulation agreements
Review the transfer guides and articulation agreements from the Community College or University you attended to see how your credits will transfer to CMU.
Tuition and fees
Our RN-to-BSN Program is Accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE). We are also accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC). Inquiries regarding the accreditation status by the HLC should be directed to our administrative staff. You may also contact:
Higher Learning Commission
230 South LaSalle Street, Suite 7-500
Chicago, IL 60604
Phone: 800-621-7440 or 312-263-0456