Undergraduate Programs in English Language and Literature

Degrees available

English Major/Minor: Secondary

  • BS in Education, Secondary Provisional Certification
  • BS in Education, Secondary Provisional Certification, with Emotional or Cognitive Impairment Endorsement (K-12) – Two Major Option
  • BS in Education, Secondary Provisional Certification: MLE Option

English Literatures, Language and Writing Major, Minor

  • Bachelor of Arts
  • Bachelor of Science, Plan A: Select Major, Optional Minor
  • Bachelor of Science, Plan B: All Majors, Select Minors

English as a Second Language (ESL) Minor

  • B.S. in Education, Provisional Elementary or Secondary Certification

You can add an undergraduate certificate in English to any major or program at Central Michigan University, including if you're already enrolled in an English program.

  • Creative Writing Undergraduate Certificate