The CMU College of Medicine will prepare diverse, culturally competent physicians focused on improving access to high quality health care in Michigan with an emphasis on rural and medically underserved regions. Our graduates will aspire to excellence in providing patient-centered and evidence-based care to their patients and their communities. We will engage physicians in leading health care transformation, lifelong learning, and team-based education.
We will facilitate the transformation of health care in Central and Northern Michigan through:
- Delivering innovative programs in medical education.
- Preparing our learners to incorporate CMU College of Medicine values into their daily lives.
- Promoting inter-professionalism and team-based approaches in progressive health care.
- Creating team-based educational opportunities and programs.
- Creating an inclusive environment supportive of lifelong learning for our graduates, faculty, staff, and partners.
- Supporting and serving community educational needs across the continuum of medical education.
In all that we do, we strive for integrity, respect, empathy, inclusiveness, social responsibility, excellence, and innovation.