Students are selected through a competitive application and interview process. After selection, ambassadors have opportunities to take part in training in areas such as leadership, professional development, university organization, diversity and inclusion, and other areas.
Dean's Ambassadors have unique opportunities to network with important university constituents and enhance their professional skills. Ambassadors gain invaluable real-world experiences and build their resumes while representing the Central Michigan University College of Medicine. Workshop and development events for ambassadors are scheduled throughout the academic year. Dean's Ambassadors also receive an official polo, blazer, name tag, certificate of appreciation and letter of commendation from the dean at the conclusion of their service.
For more information contact:
- Kate Mesaros, M1 - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pranjal Gaur, M1 - email@example.com
Dean's Ambassadors are a select group of College of Medicine student leaders who represent the college. Current students can apply for the upcoming year in the spring. New M1 students will receive information about the Dean's Ambassadors over
the summer and can apply during orientation week.
- Complete an application. Your application will include a personal statement of approximately 300 words expressing your interest in the Dean's Ambassadors Program. This statement should include the reasons you believe your background and experiences make you a good fit for participation.
- Submit two (2) complete reference forms. References should be individuals who know you in a professional or academic context.
- Interview. Select candidates will be invited to interview for a place in the program.
Dean's Ambassadors Application
Request a Dean's Ambassador
Dean's Ambassadors can assist with college, university and community functions. To request the participation of one or more of the Dean's Ambassadors, please contact College of Medicine Admissions at firstname.lastname@example.org.