How to Apply to the Physical Therapy Program
- Apply via PTCAS.
- Pay $50 Fee. There is no supplemental form to submit for this application cycle. All requirements have been added to the PTCAS application.
- GRE: send your official scores directly to PTCAS using the code 7751.
- Letters of recommendation (two required).
- Observations hours - see note on temporary exception.
Observation hours temporary exception
In normal circumstances, we also require a minimum of 50 career exploration hours. However, we recognize that due to the coronavirus pandemic, most facilities are currently limiting access to essential personnel only. Since this means some of you will be unable to acquire 50 hours of observation, the admissions committee is willing to accept what hours you have completed at the time of application. However, please be prepared to answer questions on the PTCAS application that demonstrates you have a good understanding of the scope and breadth of physical therapy practice. You may gain this understanding by researching the profession. This waiver applies to the current application cycle only. The admissions committee will continue to monitor the effect of the pandemic on students applying at future dates and make decisions on a year-to-year basis.
For international students only
International students must complete the following requirements. Contact our CHP Graduate Admissions Office with any questions or concerns via email: email@example.com or phone: 989-774-1730
- Course-by-course World Education Services (WES) foreign evaluation
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) scores
- I-20 requirements
WES course-by-course foreign evaluation
Coursework taken at international institutions must be evaluated by WES, as they are the sole provider of foreign evaluation services for PTCAS. The official WES course-by-course evaluation must be sent to PTCAS directly from WES.
Students from English-speaking countries are exempt, e.g., Canada, England, Australia, etc.