Admissions Steps for the Athletic Training (3+2 BSAT/MSAT)
- Completed graduate school application.
- Completed athletic training program application.
- Written professional recommendation (clinical experience evaluation).
- Overall GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Prerequisite GPA of 3.0 or higher in the following courses:
- FNS 370 - Nutrition
- HSC 214 - Human Anatomy
- HSC 215 - Human Physiology
- HSC 216 - Biomechanics and Kinesiology
- HSC 317 - Community Health
- PSY 100 - Introduction to Psychology
- Prerequisite courses with no grades below a 2.0*:
- BIO 101 - General Biology
- CHM 120 - Survey of Chemistry and CHM 127 - Introductory Chemistry Laboratory OR CHM 131 - General Chemistry
- HSC 308 - Physiology of Sport and Exercise
- PHY 100 - Conceptual Physics OR PHY 130QR - College Physics I
- PSY 220 - Developmental Psychology
- STA 282QR - Introduction to Statistics
- Completed 60 hours of clinical observation with an athletic trainer in ATR 340.
- Admission interview.
- Ability to meet all technical standards.
* When completing the application, students can have no more than two outstanding prerequisite courses.
Progression to the MSAT
Following successful completion of all admission requirements, students progress into the MSAT program after:
- Completion of all BSAT degree requirements.
- Completion of all athletic training major core requirements.