MSAT Application Process
The Master of Science in Athletic Training (MSAT) program includes both didactic coursework and clinical experiences. A maximum of 32 students are admitted annually into the MSAT program. All students must meet the admission requirements and technical standards to be eligible for selection into the MSAT program.
- Application is due by January 15, 2023 (Applicants submitted by the due date will be given preference. Those submitted after the due date will be considered, upon availability).
- Applicants will be notified by February 1, 2023 for an interview.
- Interviews will take place from February 15 - March 1, 2023.
- All applicants will be notified regarding acceptance by March 15, 2023.
To be considered for admission into the MSAT program, applicants must complete the following:
- Apply online at ATCAS.
- Applications will be accepted beginning August 1, 2022 for the MSAT program which begins the summer of 2023.
- Upload the following into ATCAS:
- Official transcripts from ALL colleges and universities attended.
- Verification form for 60 hours of clinical observation with an athletic trainer.
- Two professional recommendations completed in ATCAS.
- One professional recommendation must be completed by an athletic trainer with whom clinical observation hours were obtained.
- One professional recommendation must be completed by an instructor or professor.
- Prerequisite courses with a GPA of 3.0 or higher:
- Public Health
- Prerequisite courses* with a GPA of 2.0 or higher
- Exercise Physiology
- Developmental Psychology
*When completing the application, students can have no more than two outstanding prerequisite courses.
- Admission interview with the athletic training faculty.