- Earned bachelor's degree prior to beginning the M.S.A.T. graduate coursework.
- Completed graduate school application.
- Completed athletic training program application (ATCAS).
- Completed 60 hours of clinical observation with an athletic trainer.
- A minimum of 60 clinical observation hours is required for admittance into the M.S.A.T. program. These clinical observation hours can include volunteer work in a clinical setting, observation hours, or work experience with an athletic trainer.
- The Verification Form must be completed to confirm the 60 hours of clinical observation.
- Two professional recommendations completed in ATCAS.
- One professional recommendation must be completed by an athletic trainer with whom clinical observation hours were obtained.
- One professional recommendation must be completed by an instructor or professor.
- Overall GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Prerequisite GPA of 3.0 or higher in the following courses:
|Public Health||HSC 317|
- Prerequisites with no grades below a 2.0*.
|Chemistry||CHM 120 and 127 or CHM 131|
|Exercise Physiology||HSC 308|
|Physics||PHY 100 or PHY 130|
|Developmental Psychology||PSY 220|
*When completing the application, you can have no more than two outstanding prerequisite courses.
- Admissions interview.
- Once applications are received, the athletic training faculty will review each applicant's materials and select candidates for a formal interview. Interviews will be held between February 15 and March 1.
- Ability to meet all technical standards.