Graduation Requirements

Dietetics major requirements:

  • Adherence to The Academy and its credentialing agency, the Commission on Dietetic Registration, Professional Code of Ethics.
  • Maintenance of a 3.0 GPA overall and in DPD coursework.

CMU baccalaureate degree requirements:

  • Matriculate as a regular undergraduate student.
  • Fulfill the requirements prescribed on a degree.
  • Complete a declared major, or a major and a minor, or minors, as indicated on the chosen degree.
  • File application for graduation online early in the enrollment period or semester in which the student will complete 86 semester hours of credit, but not later than the beginning of the semester or session prior to the semester or session in which he or she plans to graduate.
  • Present 30 semester hours of credit earned at Central Michigan University. Fifteen of the 30 hours must be taken on campus. Ten of the last 30 semester hours of credit prior to graduation must be taken at this university in main campus or CMU Online courses. Correspondence credit, Advanced Placement credit, CLEP credit, and hours earned by Credit by Examination may not be applied toward any of these requirements.
  • Fulfill the General Education Requirements including University Program and Competency Requirements. Students may not take more than two courses or seven hours for CR/NC in the University Program. Students must earn a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.00 in University Program courses in order to graduate.
  • Present a cumulative point average of 2.00 (C) or higher and a point average of 2.00 (C) or higher in major(s) and minor(s). (Dietetics majors must maintain a 3.0 in DPD coursework)
  • Present at least 40 semester hours in courses numbered 300 or above.
  • Present a minimum of 120-124 semester credit hours (depending on the degree requirements) that may include a maximum of six hours RLA and/or PED activities. Sixty semester credit hours must be earned at an accredited four-year degree-granting institution or from a foreign university or college approved by the government or the official regulating agency of the country in which the university or college is located. An exception is made for programs guided by articulation agreements with the University. None of these sixty hours may include physical education activity courses. The Registrar’s Office makes the decision regarding the acceptability of transfer credits according to the Transfer Credit Policy (See index). Appeals of the decisions of the Registrar’s Office may be filed with the Board of Appeal.