Health Professions Residential College in Emmons Hall
Our Health Professions Residential College (HPRC) is a community within the university that supports you as an undergraduate student pursuing health-related professions. The unique living-learning environment helps prepare you for an optimal college experience and for future success in a health-related career.
The HPRC requires and supports your proactive engagement in community, leadership, academic service and scholarly activities. Engagement in these core areas also helps you develop a comprehensive portfolio of experiences and qualifications for your future employment and/or continued professional/graduate school education.
If you choose this friendly, supportive community, you'll have opportunities to excel individually and as a part of a team through programming focused on academics, community building, volunteer service and leadership development.
The HPRC is a partnership service provided by The Herbert H. and Grace A. Dow College of Health Professions and the Office of Residence Life. The HPRC is located on the second and third floors of Emmons Hall and is one of three residential colleges housed within the East Area Complex.
The HPRC actively strives to involve residents in community, leadership, academic, service and scholarship (C.L.A.S.S.) opportunities to enable them to excel as leaders in the health professions. Below are the requirements for the HPRC:
- Attend Leadership Safari prior to the start of the academic year - registration begins in May.
- Attend the HPRC Orientation on the last day of Leadership Safari.
- Complete HPS 101 (Introduction to the Health Professions - a freshman seminar class), your first semester.
- Complete the C.L.A.S.S. points, 15 hours of community service each semester and attend the monthly community meetings (four per semester).
- Demonstrate a commitment to academic excellence with a minimum 3.0 GPA (preferred).
How to apply
We encourage you to apply early. Acceptances are made on a rolling basis until all spots are filled.