How to Apply
The deadline for application to the program beginning May 2022 is September 1, 2021. Your CASPA application must be fully verified and all required materials must be received by that date. Any application that is incomplete after that deadline will not be considered.
Please read and follow CASPA's instructions for completing your CASPA application.
A complete application to CMU's PA program consists of the following:
- A verified CASPA application including three letters of recommendation.
- Documentation of a minimum of 500 hours of qualified paid direct patient care.*
- Our supplemental application and fee.
- A scheduled dated to take the PA-CAT that falls prior to the September 1 deadline.
*See the list of qualified direct patient care hours.
- Verify that you meet the admission requirements.
- Apply via CASPA (the Centralized Application Service for Physician Assistants). CASPA will open for the 2022 cycle in late April 2021.
Information for International Students
Coursework taken at international institutions must be evaluated by one of the following organizations and sent to CASPA. Canadian students are exempt from the foreign evaluation requirement and should simply send their official transcripts to CASPA.
- ECE (Educational Credential Evaluators, Inc.)
- WES (World Education Services)
- Josef Silney & Associates
TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language)
All prospective students who are not citizens of a TOEFL-exempt country must submit a satisfactory test score on the TOEFL or IELTS. Score requirements: 79 or 6.5 on the TOEFL/IELTS for regular admission, 61-78 or 5.5 and 6.0 for conditional admissions. Please send your official TOEFL scores to CASPA using code #3709. Exception: If you completed your bachelor's degree or equivalent at a school where classes were conducted in English, you do not need to submit TOEFL scores.
I-20 Affidavit/Statement of Support
International students who are accepted into the PA Program must submit an I-20 Affidavit/Statement of Support form, along with evidence of financial support. For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.