Health Professions Faculty Funding Opportunities

College of Health Professions grants

Funding for faculty research and conference travel is available through the College of Health Professions (CHP) for 2022-2023. Interested faculty are encouraged to submit application before 5 pm on October 14th for the fall grant review cycle, and on March 14th for the spring grant review cycle. Applications for research assistance are reviewed on a rolling basis. Applicants may apply for each grant only once during the academic year. 

Faculty research grant (up to $2,000)

This grant is to support regular faculty research. Eligible applicants include all full-time tenured, tenure-track, and fixed- term CHP faculty. Faculty research grants are awarded, based on research merit, with no special consideration given to any particular faculty group (e.g. new faculty or those who did not succeed in obtaining external funding).  For more information on this grant, read the faculty research grant guidelines

Faculty Research Grant Application

Faculty travel grant (up to $400)

This grant is to offset costs associated with the travel and presentation of scholarly work at a recognizable State, National, or International conference. The presentation must be delivered within 2022-2023 fiscal year. Eligible faculty include full-time tenured, tenure-track, and fixed-term CHP faculty. The travel must be approved by the CHP Dean prior to submission of application.  For more information on this grant, read the faculty travel grant guidelines.

    Faculty Travel Grant Application

    Faculty research funding assistance (up to $300)

    Funding is available to all full-time tenured, tenure-track, and fixed-term CHP faculty to support the costs of such items as small research equipment and expendable research supplies (e.g. pipettes, gauze, bandages, electrodes, filters, chemicals/cleaning), research article publication fees, postage, printing/copying services, software programs or software updates (not covered by CHP or CMU). Funding is not intended to support the repair of broken equipment, payments for required calibrations, or studies that are underway.  For more information on this funding, read the faculty research funding assistance guidelines.

    Faculty Research Assistance Application

    Other internal and external grants

    Internal and external grant opportunities are also available through the Central Michigan University Office of Sponsored Programs. For more information regarding external grants, contact your research and sponsored program officer.

    Office of Sponsored Programs