College of Business Administration Dean's Welcome
Welcome to the College of Business Administration (CBA) at Central Michigan University. Our college maintains a friendly, personal feel with small classes and supportive faculty and staff. Connect with your faculty during office hours for help with homework, career advice, and more. Similar to the modern business workplace, you'll also find spaces throughout Grawn Hall where you can study, relax, and work collaboratively in groups.
We are proud of our student-centered approach to business education, which is focused on three main elements:
- Providing applied, problem-based learning experiences in the classroom like business cases, working with clients in the community, and simulations that help you develop the communication, problem-solving, critical thinking, and team skills sought
- Offering a variety of opportunities for you to develop as leaders and professionals outside of the classroom by:
- Completing an internship with companies like Ford Motor Company, Marathon, Dominos, and PwC.
- Studying abroad in Scotland, England, or Thailand.
- Participating in regional or national competitions including our very own New Venture Competition to pitch your business idea for thousands of dollars in start-up funding.
- Competing in a business simulation event such as our annual ERPsim Competition where the ultimate prize is an on the spot job offer.
- Joining a student organization like the Michigan Finance Scholars or the Society of Women in Business to improve your business skillset.
- Completing one of nine in-demand industry certifications in SAP, Lean Six Sigma, and more.
- Helping you develop and thrive as you navigate through your four-year learning journey in the college by building a positive culture and hiring faculty and staff that care about student development and well-being.
More than 91% of CBA graduates are employed, in graduate school, or serving in the military within six months of graduation.
Of course, there is no better way to learn more about our programs and to discover whether the CBA is a good fit for you than to plan a visit to Mount Pleasant. If you would like to set up an appointment where you can take a tour of our building and meet
with a faculty or staff member and a current student, please call us at 989-774-3124.
Best Wishes and Fire Up Chips!
Dr. Chris Moberg
Dean, College of Business Administration
Of the approximately 16,000 business schools worldwide, we are among the 876 schools in 57 countries that is AACSB accredited and one of 190 schools that holds an additional, specialized AACSB Accreditation for our accounting program. Placing as one of the top business schools in the world.