College of Medicine transfer students
Central Michigan University College of Medicine will occasionally accept transfers into the third year class base on available capacity. The number of seats available each year is variable and most years we have not had the capacity to admit any transfer students into the college.
You are eligible to apply to the third year class if you are currently enrolled in an LCME-accredited medical school and have, or will have, completed the first two years of that program by May 1 of the spring prior to transferring. Also, please be advised that you must take the USMLE Step 1 Examination prior to May 1 in order to matriculate into our third year class.
Applicants must also be a Michigan resident who holds U.S. Citizenship or Permanent Resident status.
Please note that we do not admit students with advanced standing based on course work completed in foreign medical schools or in programs that lead to other professional or academic credentials such as D.M.D., D.D.S., D.O., D.V.M., or Ph.D. degrees.
Application materials will not be accepted prior to April 15 of each year. Please note, application materials will only be accepted during years that transfer spots are available.
Request an application at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your application will be considered complete when we have received the following:
- Medical College Admissions Test results (mandatory for all applicants).
- Complete and official transcripts from any and all undergraduate and postgraduate programs you attended prior to medical school.
- A transcript, as complete as is currently available, of your medical school studies. Accepted applicants will be requested to submit a complete and official transcript.
- A letter of recommendation from your medical school Dean of Student Affairs or his or her designate. Additional letters may be submitted but may not substitute for a letter from your medical school Dean of Student Affairs.
- Documentation that you have scheduled the USMLE Step 1 Examination on a date prior to May 1. (A passing score is required for matriculation into the third year).
Offers of transfer admission may be made at any time after April 15
of each year, as vacancies in our classes occur. Because such vacancies
sometimes occur unexpectedly, we hold all applications for transfer
admission under review until our third classes
The decision of the College of Medicine Admissions Committee is final.