If you're planning to be a dentist, optometrist, pharmacist, physician assistant, physical therapist or veterinarian, we'll give you a running start.
Our pre-professional programs prepare you for professional schools devoted to these careers.
You'll find opportunities that include:
- Attention. A specific advisor will guide you in selecting an undergraduate major and coursework that will best complement your interests and long-term goals.
- Involvement. You'll find ways to stay connected with student organizations such as the Pre-Physical Therapy Club or the Pre-Med and Osteopathic Society.
- Resources. Special library collections and a number of centers and labs across campus offer you support.
- Research. You will study and explore opportunities in advanced clinical facilities, laboratories and classrooms equipped with some of the latest technology and equipment.
- Preparation. Throughout the year, you'll find a number of workshops and practice sessions for state and admission exams that are administered nationally at many sites, including the CMU Computer-Based Testing CMU Computer-Based Testing Center.
Pre-professional studies are not majors or minors at CMU. They work in conjunction with select related academic majors. You still need to choose an undergraduate major to satisfy the policy requiring a signed major or a statement of intent to major by the completion of 56 credit hours.
Choose your program:
- Pre-Occupational Therapy
- Pre-Physician Assistant
- Pre-Physical Therapy
- Pre-Veterinary Medicine