The CMU Pediatric Residency curriculum is based on 13 blocks per year. We feel this strikes a good balance of adequate time in a particular area to learn what needs to be learned, but provides the opportunity for additional resident selected rotations.
Residents will have the opportunity to select up to 9 rotations during their training that are oriented towards their own personal learning and career goals.
Didactics take place once a week on Wednesday afternoons during which protected educational time residents are not responsible for covering patients. The core didactic curriculum is based on an 18 month repeating curriculum to allow residents to cover important core topics twice during residency.
- In addition to these core lectures, this educational time will also include:
- Case reports
- Grand Rounds
- Simulation sessions in our state-of-the-art simulation center
- Board review
- Journal club
- Collaborative lesson with the Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Fellowship program
- Research Topics/Quality Improvement
- Billing and Documentation
- Business of running a practice
- Resident Wellness