Department of Physical Education and Sport
Our Department of Physical Education and Sport gives you a variety of professional and personal growth options related to physical activity and sport. Degree programs can prepare you for a career as a physical educator, an athletic coach at any level, as a sport manager in both the public and private sector, or in a variety of professional opportunities as an expert in physical activity and fitness.
Mission and Purpose
The Department of Physical Education and Sport at Central Michigan University strives to improve the education and qualification of students by designing experiences and opportunities that:
- Contribute to the general education of students through the unique content and methodology of physical education and sport.
- Prepare students for careers in physical education, sports administration, sport studies, and related professions.
- Provide an opportunity for the study of physical education, sport, and dance from a social, psychological, historical, scientific, and philosophical perspective.
- Serve the needs of a diverse and global society.
- Contribute to the wellness of all persons through the promotion and teaching of the contributions of physical activity and well-being.
- Conduct research for the purpose of contributing to the knowledge base of physical education and sport studies.
Reporting and Results
- 2020-2021 Public Information Profile
- COSMA Program-Level Operational Effectiveness Outcomes
- COSMA Program-Level Student Learning Outcomes
Central Michigan University was awarded accreditation by the Commission on Sport Management Accreditation (COSMA), February 2015.