To add an endorsement to an existing certificate, complete the following steps:
- Fill out the Endorsement Inquiry form to start the transcript evaluation process, (transcripts will be needed to do this evaluation); if you attended CMU, the Office of Educator Preparation Programs (OEPP) can obtain the necessary transcripts.
- You are responsible for supplying OEPP with transcripts from other institution(s) attended, including undergraduate coursework.
Transcript evaluation process
- A letter and your transcripts will be sent by the Certification Officer to the content area department.
- Your transcripts will be evaluated by the content area department.
- A copy of the program will be sent to you; the program you receive is considered a signed endorsement program and coursework must be completed from that program.
- To take coursework at CMU, apply to CMU as an undergraduate non-degree seeking student.
- When coursework is completed and the subject area test is completed and passed, submit an application to MDE online to add an endorsement to your existing teaching certificate.