Teacher Education Admissions
Please note, that a non-refundable one-time Education Program Fee of $150 will be charged to your student account after the Admission of Candidacy is confirmed.
ALL admission criteria must be completed by the deadline before attending a mandatory meeting.
Upcoming Mandatory Admission Meetings: Attendance at a mandatory meeting is required to access the Teacher Education Application.
Mandatory Teacher Education Admission Meetings are held each semester (Fall, Spring and Summer) via WebEx. Please refer to this page for dates and times.
Spring 2024 admission
January 18, 2024, 4:00 p.m. | January 18, 2024, 6:30 p.m. | January 19, 2024 11:00 a.m.
After RSVPing to an admission meeting, the OEPP will verify your eligibility to apply for the teacher education program. An e-mail confirmation will be sent to those who meet admission criteria along with the link to access the meeting. E-mail confirmations will be sent out the week of January 1, 2024.
May 23, 2024, 2:00 p.m. | May 23, 2024, 6:30 p.m.
Fall 2024 admission
Date TBA 4:00 p.m. | Date TBA 6:30 p.m. | Date TBA 2024 11:00 a.m.
Teacher education admission criteria
It is the responsibility of the Teacher Education candidate to ensure that all requirements and deadlines have been met:
- Complete EDU 107 - Completion of EDU 107-Introduction to Teaching (or approved equivalency), with a minimum grade of a B (3.0) or higher.
- Minimum 2.8 GPA - A minimum grade point average (GPA) of 2.8. The GPA will be calculated on the student's cumulative CMU courses or at a regionally accredited institution.
- Complete ENG 101/201 - Completion of ENG 101 or ENG 201 (or one of its approved equivalencies), with a minimum grade of "B-" (2.7) or higher.
- Complete 30 credit hours - Completion of a minimum of 30 semester hours of university credit, including transfer credit.
- Declare Teachable Major/Minors - Declare teachable major(s) and/or minor(s) on B.S. in Ed or B.Mus.Ed. See Bulletin for the required options. Faculty advisors are found on the "Declare Major/Minor" link on the right side menu.
- Attend a mandatory meeting - Once the criteria are met, you must attend a meeting to apply to the program. Meetings are held three times per year. Meeting dates are posted above, in EHS 421, and on electronic boards throughout the EHS building.
After attending the admission meeting, teacher candidates will receive login information to access the application in TASKSTREAM.