Threads Fashion Show
Calling all fashionistas
Showcase your designs on the runway
Use your creativity, passion, and drive for fashion to join a team that coordinates the ultimate fashion runway experience, the Threads Fashion Show! The show offers a unique platform for aspiring apparel designers to showcase your collections or sharpen your skills in one of the following:
- Fashion design.
- Public relations.
- Video production.
- Graphic design.
- Model management.
- Stage lighting and design.
- Web design.
- Program guide development.
Here are a few highlights
- The event draws fashion employers looking to hire. Meijer, Wolverine Worldwide, Kohl's, Carhartt, Glik's, and Torrid have sent representatives in previous years.
- CMU fashion alums have come back to be Threads judges.
- Each year, about 120 models show the work of nearly 25 designers. All are CMU students.
- About 28 students in the Fashion Show Production course produce almost every aspect of the event.
- A VIP reception is produced in collaboration with an Interior Design course and a Nutrition and Dietetics course.
- Each year in April, student producers are selected and begin planning for the following year.