Current Initiatives in Human Development and Family Studies
Together in leadership
Faculty, staff, and students in Human Development and Family Studies are working together to set the leadership standard through active research projects, service organizations, training centers, and more. Join one of the many initiatives offered through HDFS.
- Brazelton Touchpoints - Michigan's first only Touchpoints Professional Development and Research Center is at CMU.
- Mental Health First Aid - Teaches you how to identify, understand and respond to signs of mental illness and substance abuse disorders.
- Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACES) Training - As part of the Michigan ACE Initiative, join child development faculty who are working on raising awareness of the impact of adverse childhood experiences on health across the lifespan with a focus on strategies for promoting resilience in childhood.
- Connections that Count - A service-learning group providing support to individuals with disabilities and their families.
- Poverty Simulation - Based on the Missouri Community Action Network model, the Poverty Simulation will expose you to the harsh realities of poverty.