Disney Program CMU Students

CMU Credit Options

The Department of Recreation, Parks and Leisure Services Administration (RPL) makes fieldwork credit available to all students selected for the program, regardless of major or class status. Students selected for the Disney College Program may earn from 1-15 credits from RPL for their entire Disney experience and includes work performance, Disney educational offerings and living/cultural experience.

Fieldwork Course

RPL 318: Field Course in Recreation 1-15 credits

(The program is similar to earning internship credit, as it is earned primarily for entry-level work experience in a specialized recreation setting, such as Disney.)

Fieldwork Requirements

Students will complete and submit five requirements to earn the RPL fieldwork credit:

  1. Final paper reflecting program experiences.
  2. Skills assessment at the end of the program.
  3. Disney Performance Evaluation form is given to the student by their Disney manager at the end of the program.
  4. Conduct two informational interviews, network with two professional Disney Cast Members of the student’s choice.
  5. Enroll and attend several Disney educational offerings. (See Disney’s website for current offerings.)

For Non-Recreation Majors

Credit is an option, not a requirement. If you are not majoring in recreation, you're advised to seek an academic advisor to help determine your need or if credit is available to you from your own academic major. In many situations, RPL credit may be your only option to earn credit for your experience at Disney.

RPL Credit has primarily been used to benefit a student:

  • As general elective credit to fulfill graduation requirements.
  • To meet the graduation requirement (40 credits of 300 level and above credit).
  • To help students maintain full-time student status for financial aid, scholarship, bank or parent’s insurance requirements.

Central Michigan University Fieldwork Course Registration

Each student determines for themselves how much fieldwork credit to enroll for here at CMU and how it will assist them with academic requirements.

If you want to enroll for CMU credit for your experience at Disney and have received approval from your advisor or RPL department, register online when enrollment is open for the desired RPL 318 class with the appropriate number of credits selected.

If you are waiting to hear back from Disney about an offer or are in the process of deciding to accept or decline an offer and enrollment begins for the next semester, please enroll as if you were going to be on campus for that next semester. It is easier to drop classes later if a Disney offer has been made than to try and add classes afterward if the answer is no.