Bring your group
Whether a K-12 school trip or a group of co-workers collaborating on a research project, CMU’s field station facilities can provide a fun and productive center for your activities on Beaver Island. Recognizing the different needs of each group, the station staff will work with you to identify these, and plan your stay at the station.
CMU prioritizes groups wishing to use the station’s resources and location. Open for business from May through September, the station issues housing and research space on a priority basis as follows:
- CMU College of Science and Engineering instructors teaching courses at CMUBS
- CMU College of Science and Engineering and Great Lakes researchers
- Non-CMU science education and scientific research groups
- Non-science CMU instructors and/or groups
- Non-science instructors and/or groups not affiliated with CMU